Thursday, November 14, 2013

Peter, Paul and Mary - Blowing in the Wind


 

Great timeless song some of you may remember. My past couple of blogs have been about how devalued children and adults alike may feel or even be viewed by some in society as a result of divorce, abandonment, or who otherwise are left with the feeling of being thrown away . Even though they may have even overcome the victim mentality that I addressed in a previous blog they can carry a terrible feeling of low self esteem perhaps believing  conscious or even subconsciously the great lie! Following is a true short story.

  
Many, many years ago in a small town north of Houston, Texas, my native home, I was struggling with the awfulness of separation from a spouse of about 20 years while finding myself the sole parent and caretaker  of 3 lovely sons. A newborn baby, a 2 year old toddler and a beautiful, struggling adolescent. I was a breast feeding mom which presented all the extra emotional upheavals sometimes presented as well. It was late one night and I was driving home in our small Toyota station wagon down I-45 . I remember approaching a hill and a car zipping by at a high rate of speed barely avoiding hitting us. It seemed to come out of nowhere. 

     There just so happened to be a police, county sheriff or patrolman who witnessed  what had happened and pulled me over. There we were, babies strapped into car seats, my young teen son and my bewildered self and this officer of the law in a frustrated sounding voice asking me. "Lady, do you have ANY idea of the value of that car?"  I was like totally dismayed as he continued to tell me about that BMW something or other! No, I wasn't issued a citation. What had I done wrong? He never eluded to anything except the destruction of such a valuable automobile. I remember the feeling that encounter left me with as a young mother of precious cargo valued high above rubies, diamonds, and sporty high dollar BMWs. I was truly exasperated by such a messed up mindset! (What were we? Chopped Liver?) 

     That is just the sort of perverted value system that quasi-victims deal with. Perhaps this will only resonate with one having experienced the dilemma of  being dumped, abandoned, or otherwise thrown away. (Or had close encounters with unidentified flying BMWs and flailing officers of the other kind. 
      If you happen to be one who deals with feelings of devaluation or displacement in life I hope you read on in this blog and find  help through your dilemma.

And please know there is light at the end of the tunnel, in the tunnel, and through all tunnels! Healing is a process and the Healer is the Light of the world who lights all tunnels you may find yourself in. 

~If you don't already know him let me introduce you to him. His name is Jesus. He came for a purpose. To become the sacrificial lamb for the sin of the whole of human-kind for all time. He was crucified willingly in his innocence, died that death so our souls may live forever in union with him as his bride in his kingdom in eternal LIFE!
    Jesus was resurrected after 3 days and now sits at the right hand of God awaiting as his enemies are made his footstool by Father God. When it is time his Father will tell him, Go bring your bride to the great wedding dinner. You are invited to that dinner. Whosoever wants to can come. Won't you attend? 

   Unite yourself to Jesus as your savior. Receive his covering blanket of mercy,his wedding garments for you. Let him wash you white as purest snow. Believe on the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and you will receive salvation. By this you will be born again. You must be born another time. A second birth by his shed life blood at the cross.

Pray, Dear Jesus, save me. I embrace you and what you did for me. Thank-you for dying on that cross for me. I receive you now into my being through your shed blood. Cleanse me and make me your own! I thank-you for saving my soul and setting me free from sin. Teach me, send into me the Holy Spirit that I learn of you, and walk abounding always in eternal life! I pray in the name of God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit.  
   Be baptized in water in your first act of obedience as a committed believer, in-acting what has taken place,your death to sin and new life in The Lord Jesus Christ. In the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.Praise God!

No comments:

Post a Comment