Thursday, January 16, 2014

WHEN LOVE SEES YOU

A few days ago an old familiar passage caught my eye again. But this time it was different. It lit up in my heart.The words had life and I knew with certainty that as I did the things it stated that the Lord would direct my path. Often I had pondered those scriptures but this time faith arose.


Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in the Lord with all your heart
Lean not to your own understanding
Acknowledge Him in all your ways
And He will direct your path! 


I seem to slip into an automatic pilot mode rather than following the directives in this scripture. I know I make God a spectator, rather than my guide, my Shepherd. Faithful and always a gentleman the Holy Spirit waits on the sidelines of my life.  Waiting for me to come to my senses. I waste so much time directing my own path. All the while this familiar passage is tucked into Proverbs 3 and even in my heart.
     My Father God is trying to help me, us. He loves us very much. I want my Lord to be my Shepherd so I stepped into the truth of those words to live and move in them.
   It is not an easy thing for me. I have to daily meditate on each step it directs me to take. If I don't do the things it tells me then there I go slipping into automatic pilot and pushing my Shepherd to the sidelines. I don't mean to. Cares seem to come in. Cares I need to continually give to Him. 
    Meditating daily is a serious matter. I do well for a while and then I get off my routine and there I go, off into my day, distant from God. He has left a message for me, for us, "Draw near to me and I will draw near to you."  It is true. He does.

   He wants us set free and to walk in that life that is free of the feelings that weigh us down so. Feelings and emotions of loneliness, sadness, feelings of missing family, or the worry that financial need brings, the heaviness of every kind of lack. How does a life burdened down glorify Him?

    He tells me I am to cast these things on to Him. At times I literally grab at my chest as though taking hold of the invisible negative thing that causes me heartache or torments. WHATEVER burden that causes heaviness of spirit and I toss it, cast it to Him! 
    Sometimes I earnestly say, "Here, I don't want this!" or  with all sincerity, "Take this!" And as I have the Creator of the Universe takes it and with it every heavy, negative effect of each thing I cast that weighed me down.  I even cast the worry of how God will take care of needs right on to Him. Needs I had entrusted to Him so silly I am. And when I do, He takes them all. All my cares. And I experience His faithfulness. 

    GOD takes our heavy yoke and gives us His easy yoke! How difficult is joy and peace to carry? Confidence in Him and for our future because of Him. We give Him junk and He gives us good things in return. He wants it that way. He loves us.

   I recall to myself promises in the Word. God is not a human that He would lie. He means them all. We must apply faith to them and own them as our heritage as followers of Christ Jesus. 

 Remember just as it is written, God means good and positive things for us. This is not only in the material realm but most wonderfully in the unseen realm of spiritual things, of thoughts, feelings, and emotions . God is so awesome in that He doesn't want us to remain in sadness, loneliness, disparaging, depressed, discouraged, worried, foresaken. Cast all these and more on to Him. 


All the heavy baggage of life is truly wearisome. The cares of life just wear me, us out sometimes. Let them serve as a reminder to take His, our Father God's easy yoke up again trading our negativity for His positivity. I am so truly tired of carrying the baggage. I say it again, God is so very Awesome! And like the good Word says, Trust God. I can trust God. I Let the baggage go again!  Let go! All of it. Let it go! Let it go!Let it go! I can let go and let God. I'm not God.

Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in the Lord with all your heart
Lean not to your own understanding
Acknowledge Him in all your ways
And He will direct your path!


No comments:

Post a Comment