Saturday, November 9, 2013

IT'S SURPRISING THE THINGS PEOPLE THROW AWAY!

IT IS INCREDIBLE the things people throw away. Putting pride aside I confess that when I see something useful to me in someone's trash, I will stop and do my best to get it in my car. Sometimes even on top of my trunk thanks to a luggage rack back there. As I returned from one such finding trip I was very conscience of something I was hearing on the inside. 
     I heard distinctly that,"Yes, it is amazing the things that people throw away! Sometimes hard to believe. But the items thrown out aren't any less valuable merely because they are sitting at the curb. A perfect, oak, drop leaf table is a perfect, oak, drop leaf table in the store or on the roadside!
     Then, I got the curve ball. Didn't have a clue what was coming as the Holy Spirit continued on this line of reasoning--"Sometimes people throw other people away."  
Yes, surprisingly  and saddest of all things, they throw away even family. I was about to receive the lesson God wanted me to receive, "And those people that get thrown away  are no less valuable  than those which have been kept by others."

"PEOPLE DON'T LOSE THEIR INTRINSIC VALUE JUST BECAUSE SOMEONE THROWS THEM AWAY!"
 
    If you are someone who has experienced that feeling of having been thrown away in divorce or abandonment, or you know someone who has likely had such an experience this lesson is for you as well. 

Though you may feel less than or not as good as it is just not true. Whether you are a child, a spouse, a parent, sibling or friend, your value far exceeds that perfect oak drop leaf table or any treasure you might imagine. In fact you are cherished and treasured by the Creator of the universe and Father God Himself. There are quite a few throw away people out there. Don't sell anyone short. Including yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment