Thursday, August 24, 2023

Love All, Hate Unrighteousness

The Lord God loves all. It is sin he hates. You can expect sin from the unsaved, and even then it can be a struggle to call on the Holy Spirit inside to love the sinner, and hate the sin no matter who they are. Further, when those who are the people called by his name who are follower's of Christ Jesus, who don't get that God himself has commanded to love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, and mind, and your neighbor as yourself is his greatest commandment given, and realize yes! my neighbor is my fellow man and woman. And yes, those I don't like, I am commanded to love! This is not easy! If you really believe your bible don't be so immature as to think he means for you to love only the ones you choose. Not so. Dear one, you must understand that the only way this can be possible for mankind is by calling on the power of the Holy Spirit that resides in blood bought children of the most High, God. You have to realize that the Lord God says, If you LOVE ME, you will keep my commandments. And with this we have come full circle. We cannot escape the Law of Love. Love the Lord your God To love as God requires us we must understand God's definition of love, and to grow in love. Hatred is not love! Return good for evil. Bless those who curse you. Love is made clear, if we WANT to be obedient to God and it is important we remember, If you love me you will keep my commandments. This means to grow in love. Here you find God's definition of love. I pray we all grow in love. What is impossible for man is possible with God. Heaven help us through the Holy Spirit which is in you if you have been born again. If not, call on the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, God's only begotten son who came to flesh through miraculous conception through the Holy Spirit of God and was born of a virgin and grew to be a man without sin who willingly withstood great humiliation, great suffering, and death by crucifixion to die in our place for your sin and mine that entered the world through one man, Adam. Behold the sacrificial Lamb, without spot or blemish, that takes away the sin of the world. For God as his great act of love gave of himself, his only begotten son that whosoever believes in him shall not perish, but have eternal life!
1st Corinthians Chapter 13. The love of God is the subject of the following:
13 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. 3 If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to ( be burned that I may boast,[b] but do not have love, I gain nothing.

4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10 but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears. 11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. 12 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
Footnotes

1 Corinthians 13:1 Or languages
* 1 Corinthians 13:3 Some manuscripts body to the flames

Holy Spirit of God our Father, Help us all to die to ourselves and live to you, and love you by loving our fellow man in their sin as Jesus did for us, and willingly, in obedience to you. For Lord how can we not be sold out to such a Savior?

No comments:

Post a Comment