Thursday, August 24, 2023

This just came up today from my Facebook Memories from 6 years ago today upon the approach of hurricane Harvey! Praise you God! I am thankful for your goodness toward me that day. Only he knew I was a single mom of 3 sons with an empty nest, with no family around me. He did not want me to feel alone!
 
YOU don't HAVE to read this BUT, I have to write it!!!
hurricane Harvey snuck-up on us around here today. If you took your lunch break from work to do a water and non perishables run the lines were way down the aisles! So by getting off time and back to the store by 5PM and it seemed like most of Huntsville was getting emergency supplies... just in case. There was NO bottled water to be found, much less a shopping basket. Everyone was friendly and courteous. I did look down on floor level shelves and discovered about 7 boxes of 3 gallons each at the very back where no one looked..a blesing for me and the few around when I made the discovery. Someone found me a basket so I could carry my 2 boxes. Then the gas lines!! Wow! But people were again so friendly and considerate of each other. At another store a lady at the checkout wanted me to have a 6 pack of her waters! At Kroger the employee at the pharmacy checked out my $50. worth of just in case items, even though I bought no pharmacy items. At a gas station the attendant gave me $5.00 worth of free gasoline due to some mistake a customer made. He said he had to cash it out. Then to top it off someone gave me dried cranberries (which I love), some Planters peanuts, and two big cans of whiskey rubbed baked beans which I have never tried! All that sweetness and caring just astonished me. It's the little things that are the big things in life!
 
 I Have to say thank you again these 6 years later to God for stirring people up with love for me! Total strangers moved to do random things so that I see, feel, and rejoice in his precious love.  I am amazed.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment